PGDA Wash Solvent | 5L compensates CO2-Emissions equal to 10 times its weight. Learn more at 3d-basics.com/sustainability
PGDA Wash Solvent (Propane-1,2-diyl diacetate) is a non-flammable, low-odor solvent used for cleaning and dissolving uncured resin on Stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed parts. PGDA has a lower evaporation rate than Isopropanol (IPA) and washes about three to four times as many parts as Isopropanol before needing to be replaced.
Made for Formlabs Polyurethane Resins PU Rigid 650 & PU Rigid 650
Formlabs Polyurethane Materials produce pliable and tough polyurethane parts that can withstand extreme impacts while maintaining true shape long-term. Due to there chemical composition they can only be washed with PGDA Wash Solvent. TPM Wash solvent does not work and Isopropanol can damage the parts.
Recommended and tested quality by Formlabs
3D-Basics is the global Solvent distributer for Formlabs. Purchasing PGDA Wash Solvent from 3D-basics ensure maximum compatibility with Formlabs Resin and Machines. PGDA Wash Solvent with a purity of ≥ 99% is highly effective at removing uncured resin from Polyurethane 3D-printed Models.
Safe use indoors, offices, and Laboratories
PGDA Wash solvent is not classified by the EU Regulation 1272/2008 (CLP) therefor no special requirements are necessary to store or handle PGDA Wash Solvent. This makes it ideal for work in office spaces, Laboratories, and indoors.
The cost effective way to post process Polyurethane Resin 3D-Prints
PGDA Wash Solvent can dissolve three to four times the amount of Resin that Isopropanol is capable of dissolving. When used with recommended prewash cycles PGDA lifetime can be extended further making it very cost effective over time.
How to use PGDA Wash Solvent
Always wear Nitrile Gloves when handling PGDA.
PGDA Wash Solvent is only tested for use with Formlabs PU Rigid 650 & PU Rigid 650.
For a detailed workflow on Formlabs Wash, visit support.formlabs.com (external).
For removing uncured Resin from SLA or DLP printed parts fill your cleaning container with the amount specified by the manufacturer. To minimize waste, it is suggested to pre-clean the parts before placing them in the cleaning container to expand the lifespan of your fresh PGDA. This can be done in a separate container with either "dirty" PGDA from previous cleaning cycles. Place the finished print in the cleaning container and clean the parts for at least 2 min or according to the material manufacturers guidelines. After the cleaning cycle, blast the PGDA coated part with compressed air and Wash with n-Butly Acetate to speed up evaporation. Let the model dry and check for a tacky surface, repeat if necessary, till the surface is not tacky anymore. If it is still tacky it might be a sign to replace the PGDA.
Optimal Cleaning stages
- Preclean in small container to remove uncured resin and minimize amount of saturated Wash Solvent
- First Stage Cleaning: Run Wash cycle in Form Wash with "dirty/used" PGDA Wash Solvent
- Second Stage Cleaning: Run Wash cycle in Form Wash with fresh PGDA Wash Solvent. Due due to the prior wash cycles this PGDA can be used for an extended period of time. If performance deteriorates use in first stage.
- Final Stage: Remove any PGDA Wash Solvent with compressed air and rinse in n-Butly Acetate to speed up the evaporation of PGDA Wash Solvent.
Advantages of PGDA Wash Solvent
- Only Wash Solvent for Formlabs PU Rigid 650 & PU Rigid 650 Resin.
- The evaporation rate of PGDA is much slower making it easy to store without loosing much of the product.
- Almost Odorless to a slight chemical smell makes working with PGDA easier on the people in contact.
- Not Labeled as a dangerous good with no special requirements regarding storage, ventilation or flame hazard makes PGDA Wash Solvent the perfect indoor, office, Laboratory Solvent.
- Formlabs Wash
- Formlabs Wash L
- PU Rigid Materials
- Biocompatible Resin - Use Isopropanol
How to store PGDA Wash Solvent
There are no special requirements regarding the storage of PGDA. In General store cool and dry away from sunlight.
Disposal of PGDA Wash Solvent
PGDA Wash Solvent and container as well as rinsing water need to be disposed of at an appropriate waste treatment site. Please check local regulations.
Labeling according to Regulation (EG) Nr. 1272/2008 (CLP)
This product is not labeled as dangerous.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid breathing mist/vapours.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
|Chemical name||Propane-1,2-diyl diacetate|
|Gravity||1.06 g/cm³ (25°C)|
|VOC Content||100 %|
|Tariff Code||2909 4900|
|Country of Origin||CoO_AT|
|Product weight||5.3 kg|
|Shipping weight||5.3 kg|
|Packaging Dimensions||195 x 135 x 240 mm|
0 of 0 reviews
Content: 5 Liter (€17.16* / 1 Liter)
Content: 16 Liter (€6.88* / 1 Liter)