ACETONE is a high-volatility, flammable, colorless, clear liquid to smooth certain 3D printing materials, with specially designed devices like the Zortrax APOLLER. ACETONE works with ABS, ASA and HIPS filaments to erase the streak effect of 3D printing. In addition to giving a finished look, a smoothing post-treatment with this type of solvent allows to improve the mechanical characteristics of printed part; to improve the tightness of printed parts; avoid friction on sliding or moving parts
ACETONE should only be used by professionals with a suitable device such as the Zortrax APOLLER or a suitable ventilation system. Because of its rapid evaporation, it dries quickly. Therefore, the container should not be open longer than necessary.
for smoothing ABS, ASA and HIPS filament
Wear gloves to handle ACETONE . Follow the guide of the smoothing machine manufacturer.
Hazard and Precautionary Statements
- UN Number 1090
- Signal word: Danger
- H225 Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
- H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- EUH066 Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.
- P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P240 Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P403 + P233 Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- Chemical color clear
- odor typical solvent
- Chemical Formula C3H6O
- CAS Number 67-64-1
- Chemical Type Solvent
- Density 0.785 g/cm3 (20°C)
Disposal of ACETONE
ACETONE and the container must be disposed of as special waste (paints and varnishes) at the local waste collection point.
0 of 0 reviews