DPM Wash Solvent | 5L compensates CO2-Emissions equal to 10 times its weight. Learn more at 3d-basics.com/sustainability
DPM Wash Solvent (Dipropylenglycolmethylether) is a non-flammable, low odour solvent that can be used to clean and dissolve uncured resin on stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed parts. TPM has a lower evaporation rate than Isopropanol (IPA) and washes about three to four times as many parts as IPA before needing to be replaced.
DPM Wash Solvent is not compatible with the Formlabs Form Wash. DPM due to its higher reactivity it will dissolve the coating. The Form Wash L has a stainless steel container eliminating this issue.
DPM Wash Solvent as a alternative to TPM?
TPM and DPM are quite similar. DPM has a slight edge in its ability to clean and dissolve uncured Resin. This makes it the ideal choice as a Resin cleaner for almost any Resin 3D Print. DPM Wash Solvent with a purity of ≥ 99% is highly effective at removing uncured resin from 3D-printed Models.
Only TPM Wash Solvent is tested and recommended by formlabs.
Safe use indoors, offices, and Laboratories
DPM Wash solvent is not classified by the EU Regulation 1272/2008 (CLP) therefor no special requirements are necessary to store or handle DPM Wash Solvent. This makes it ideal for work in office spaces, Laboratories, and indoors.
The cost effective way to post process Resin 3D-Prints
DPM Wash Solvent can dissolve three to four times the amount of Resin that Isopropanol is capable of dissolving. When used with recommended prewash cycles DPM lifetime can be extended further making it very cost effective over time.
How to use DPM Wash Solvent
when handling DPM.
DPM Wash Solvent is not currently certified for use with biocompatible resins.
For removing uncured Resin from SLA or DLP printed parts fill your cleaning container with the amount specified by the manufacturer. To minimize waste, it is suggested to pre-clean the parts before placing them in the cleaning container to expand the lifespan of your fresh DPM. This can be done in a separate container with either "dirty" DPM from previous cleaning cycles. Place the finished print in the cleaning container and clean the parts for at least 5 min or according to the material manufacturers guidelines. After the cleaning cycle, wash the DPM coated part with water or Isopropanol, let the model dry and check for a tacky surface, repeat if necessary, till the surface is not tacky anymore. If it is still tacky it might be a sign to replace the DPM.
Optimal Cleaning stages
- Preclean in small container to remove uncured resin and minimize amount of saturated Wash Solvent
- First Stage Cleaning: Run Wash cycle in Form Wash with "dirty/used" DPM Wash Solvent
- Second Stage Cleaning: Run Wash cycle with fresh DPM Wash Solvent. Due due to the prior wash cycles this DPM can be used for an extended period of time. If performance deteriorates use in first stage.
- Final Stage: Remove any DPM Wash Solvent with compressed air and rinse in Isopropanol to speed up the evaporation of DPM Wash Solvent.
Advantages of DPM Wash Solvent
- Slightly higher effectiveness at dissolving uncured Resin then TPM
- DPM is able to dissolve up to four times as much resin as IPA
- The evaporation rate of DPM is much slower making it easy to store without loosing much of the product
- Almost Oderless to a slight chemical smell makes working with DPM easier on the people in contact
- Not Labeled as a dangerous good with no special requirements regarding storage, ventilation or flame hazard makes TPM Wash solvent the perfect indoor, office, Laboratory Solvent
- Most Standard Resins
- Formlabs Wash L
How to store DPM Wash Solvent
There are no special requirements regarding the storage of DPM. In General store cool and dry away from sunlight.
Disposal of DPM Wash Solvent
DPM and container as well as rinsing water need to be disposed of at an appropriate waste treatment site. Please check local regulations.
Labeling according to Regulation (EG) Nr. 1272/2008 (CLP)
This product is not labeled as dangerous.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid breathing mist/vapours.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
|Gravity||0.95 g/cm³ (25°C)|
|VOC Content||100 %|
|Tariff Code||2909 4900|
|Country of Origin||CoO_AT|
|Product weight||4.75 kg|
|Shipping weight||5.05 kg|
|Packaging Dimensions||195 x 135 x 240 mm|
0 of 0 reviews