ISOPROPANOL 99,9% 5L
Isopropanol is a highly volatile, flammable, colourless, clear liquid that is used to remove and dissolve uncured resin from SLA and DLP 3D printed parts. It is used in FDM 3D printing for cleaning components, build plates and smoothing certain materials. Because of its rapid evaporation, it dries quickly. Therefore, the container should not be left open any longer than necessary.
Always wear gloves when handling IPA
For removing uncured Resin from SLA or DLP printed parts fill your cleaning vessel with the amount specified by the manufacturer. To minimize waste it´s suggested to pre-clean the parts before placing them in the cleaning vessel to expand the lifespan of your fresh IPA. This can be done in a separate container with either “dirty" IPA from previous cleaning cycles or low evaporation cleaners such as DPM, TPM or PGDA. Place the finished print in the cleaning vessel and clean the parts for at least 5 min. or according to the material manufacturers guidelines. After the cleaning cycle, let the model dry and check for a tacky surface, repeat if necessary till the surface is not tacky anymore. If it´s still tacky replace the IPA.
To clean build plates of FDM printers it can be diluted with distilled water in a ratio of 70% isopropanol and 30% water.
For smoothing FDM 3D prints Follow the instructions of the smoothing device manufacturer.
Hazard and Precautionary Statements
- UN Number 1219
- Signal word Danger
- H225 - Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H319 - Causes serious eye irritation.
- H336 - May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- P102 - Keep out of reach of children.
- P210 - Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P261 - Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P305+P351+P338 - IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P403+P233 - Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P501 - Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
Technical Data Chemical
- Colour clear odor typical
- Chemical Formula C3H8O
- CAS Number 67-63-0
- Chemical Type Solvent
- Density 0.786 g/cm3 (20°C)
Disposal of ISOPROPANOL
Isopropanol must be disposed of as special waste (paints and varnishes) at the local waste collection point.
0 of 0 reviews